Whenever my friends ask me for this recipe, they don’t believe how simple it is. Unlike traditional cheesecakes, you don’t need a water bath, crust, or a springform pan. You also don’t need hours to prepare it, so it’s a fantastic dessert to whip up mid-week.
What you do need is this recipe.
- 16oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 150g sugar (3/4 cup)
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- 180g whipping cream (3/4 cup)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. No, that’s not a mistake. Now, line a 6-inch cake pan (ideally 3 inches tall) with a generous amount of parchment paper. It should fold over the edges by at least 2 inches.
- Make your batter. In a large bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Scrape down the bowl with a spatula so everything is incorporated well. Add in your vanilla and one egg. Mix until fully incorporated, scrape down the sides, and add the other three eggs. Lastly, pour in the cream until incorporated (don’t over mix).
- Bake your cake. Pour your mixture into your prepared cake pan and cook for 25-30 minutes. Chill in the fridge overnight or enjoy at room temperature!