Nothing’s worse than forking out money for expensive deli olives that nobody touches. Lucky for you, this won’t be the case if you make these juicy and flavorful citrus-marinated olives.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sprig of rosemary
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 strip of lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 strip orange zest
- 1 tsp orange juice
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup Castelvetrano olives (or olives of your choice)
1. Heat the olive oil in a small pot over medium heat.
2. Add the chilli flakes, rosemary, garlic, lemon and orange zest, salt and pepper to taste and cook until the garlic is slightly browned (about 2-3 minutes).
3. Add the olives and cook until just warm, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in the lemon and orange juice and transfer to a bowl or to a container to use at a later time.
Serve warm or at room temperature