Throw memorable dinner parties with less fuss.
This blog gives hosts the ideas and tools to focus on what goes on around the table, not just what sits on top. Think fun and interesting dinner party games, activities, and affordable make-ahead recipes and menus.
Create amazing memories.
Spend less money and energy.
Be an awesome and relaxed host.
Between work, life, and family, hosting a dinner party seems like a lot of effort.
You’d love to host a dinner party but you’re not a good cook and you’re tight on cash.
Dinner party conversations are often so predictable and boring it hurts.
Games and activities you find online seem really complicated or too cheesy to play.
Don’t give up quite yet. I can help:
Practical and affordable tips, shortcuts, and ideas to help you plan a successful and memorable dinner party from start to finish.
Time-saving tried and trusted dinner party recipes and menus that are equally delicious and affordable.
I’m Kim. Throwing memorable dinner parties wasn’t something I was always good at.
When I first started hosting dinner parties, I was in university. I used to spend far more time and money than I could afford planning and organizing them.
I was good at following recipes and could make things look nice, but I fussed over the tiniest details nobody seemed to notice.
The parties I hosted were fun and my friends seemed to enjoy them (I mean, who doesn’t love a free meal?). But, I always felt broke and exhausted afterward.
I wondered if there was something I could be doing differently.
Fresh on the blog:
- 15 Years Worth of Dinner Party Hosting TipsHere are my top dinner party hosting tips to help you prioritize connection and deepening friendships over fuss and fluff.
- Spanish TortillaThis quintessential Spanish potato, onion, and egg dish is delicious and easy to make ahead, making it the perfect dinner party menu item.
- How to Make Your Dinner Parties More InterestingPredictable can be boring. Find unique and fun ideas in this post to make your dinner parties more interesting.
- Dinner Party for 4Find out how and why a dinner party for four can be less stressful, more intimate and even more deluxe than a larger gathering.
- Fun Dinner Party Conversation Starters20 fun, easy, and creative conversation starters that you’ll actually want to use at your next dinner party.
- Planning a Dinner Party (for First Timers)Follow these ten simple tips to planning a dinner party and nobody will even suspect it’s your first rodeo.